Community Universe Mode!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Romantic Vivisection
悪人 - Full Story Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2024 10:42 am by litw

» Trash Pandas
悪人 - Full Story Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2024 10:13 am by RiftedEnergy

» The Coward
悪人 - Full Story Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2024 11:37 am by Ineverbotch

» Half a Man
悪人 - Full Story Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2024 5:51 pm by krzy

» Do you see me?
悪人 - Full Story Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2024 7:58 pm by litw

» Trust Crimes Of Passion
悪人 - Full Story Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 7:25 pm by Master Ogon

» The Demon of Agi Bridge
悪人 - Full Story Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2024 3:54 pm by Jason Spade

» On The Road to The Showdown
悪人 - Full Story Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2024 2:51 pm by Jason Spade

» (III) Who are you?
悪人 - Full Story Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2024 5:17 pm by litw

» Independent Wrestling Network Presents: Jason Spade on retirement, commentary role, and future with CMV
悪人 - Full Story Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2024 3:20 pm by Jason Spade

悪人 - Full Story

Go down

悪人 - Full Story Empty 悪人 - Full Story

Post by Jason Spade Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:13 pm

CHAPTER ONE

Yamamoto, Miyagi Prefecture, Japan. A string of murders has plagued the small town since the beginning of the summer; with no noticeable pattern, Detective Honda Okura stands at the sight of the most recent victim. As other police officers scramble around the scene, Detective Okura takes a long puff of his cigarette, racking his brain trying to find some sort of connection. His train of thought is interrupted by his partner, Detective Tatsuda Hisayuki.

Hisayuki: "Okura-san, we've found another one."

Okura: "Show me."

The detectives make their way further into the alleyway where the body was found, and Detective Hisayuki points his flashlight at the thing in question. Detective Okura sighs heavily and takes another long drag of his cigarette.

Hisayuki: "What does this mean, Okura-san?"

Detective Okura stares at the bloody emblem on the wall, his cigarette hanging limply from his mouth.

Okura: "It means our lives are going to get much harder."

悪人 - Full Story Bloody_Wall

CHAPTER TWO

Detective Okura sits in his office, pouring over crime scene photos; four murders, all young men between the ages of 18 to 24, mutilated and transported to open areas with the Kanji "悪" written in blood on nearby walls. 悪, the Kanji for "Evil"... Certainly a little on the nose, in Okura's opinion. Still... Besides their age and cause of death, there are no connections between the victims. No leads.

Hisayuki: "Okura-san."

Detective Okura looks up at his partner, who is carrying a fresh stack of manilla folders.

Hisayuki: "Just got word back from the Traffic Bureau. They combed weeks worth of footage of the crime scenes, but found nothing. Except for this."

Hisayuki places the folders on Okura's desk, and the elder detective begins combing through the contents. It is a series of low res photos of the crime scenes with something circled in red marker; a man, the same man, standing in full view of the camera, looking directly into the lens in every picture. Okura glances at the time of each photo and sees that they're the same on each one; 4:44.

Okura: "Oh this guy's hilarious... You think he's our man?"

Hisayuki: "The bodies were found around the same time as each of these pictures were taken. And you have to admit, something seems... Off about this guy."

Okura: "Could just be some weirdo. Still... Do we know who he is?"

Hisayuki: "Honda Hoshigaki. A salaryman for a local office complex in Yamamoto. No criminal record."

Okura: "Get his address. We'll pay Hoshigaki-san a visit, see if he knows anything."

Both detectives stand, with Okura grabbing his coat and pulling it around his shoulders. Both men exit the room as the camera zooms in on the image of their suspect, eyes staring directly into the camera.

CHAPTER THREE

Detectives Okura and Hisayuki stand outside of the unassuming house in a lonely corner of Yamamoto. Okura knocks on the door.

Okura: Hoshigaki-san, this is Detective Okura with the Yamamoto Police Department. Please come to the door.

Silence. Okura knocks again, louder this time, and the door cracks open. Okura glances over at Hiyasaki before pushing the door open.

Hisayuki: Okura-san, we don't have probable cause.

Okura: Do you smell that?

Hisayuki sniffs the air.

Hisayuki: ...Blood. Lots of blood.

The detectives draw their revolvers and slowly make their way into the house. The house is plain and bare, with white walls, no pictures, and minimal furniture. The pungent, metallic smell of blood assaults their nostrils the deeper they go into the house, as they pass the kitchen and find an open garage door. Slowly, the detectives make their way into the garage, and they both have to stifle a retch at the sight before them.

The room is dark, with the low light of candles the only illumination of the horror scene before them. A man in dark robes kneels over a new victim, freshly-torn entrails draped across the robed figures outstretched arms. The robed figure is in the middle of a rhythmic chanting, but stops as soon as the detectives enter the room.

Man: Ah, Detectives... You are early.

Hiyasaki turns on the light while Okura steps forward and grabs ahold of the robed man, immediately handcuffing him.

Okura: This is... Unforgiveable. You're going to pay for this, you pyshopath.

The robed man says nothing, but he also does not struggle; a small grin curls the man's lips as the detectives haul him away.

CHAPTER FOUR

When out of his macabre set of robes, the murderer looked downright unimpressive; he was a small, frail man, thin as a rail and sickly looking. They had changed him from his bloodstained garbs into a simple blue jumpsuit, and Detective Hiyasaki watched over him closely as Detective Okura flipped through the manilla folder of evidence.

Okura: So, Hoshigaki-san. Tell me--

Murderer: Sabanto.

Okura: What?

Sabanto: My name is Sabanto.

Okura: Okay, "Sabanto." We found you, covered in blood, praying over a murdered young man who matches the description of four other murder victims. Young man, early twenties. Your garage was filled with all sorts of "occult" items, as well as statues of Oni and tapestries of Ancient Japanese gods and monsters. You're obviously the killer we've been looking for- and a seriously sick son of a bitch- so tell me... Why? Why would any decent man do such a thing as this? Why take these men's lives?"

Sabanto is quiet for a long time.

Sabanto: You ask the wrong questions, Okura-san.

Okura, who is not wearing his name badge and had not introduced himself to the suspect, leans back in surprise.

Okura: You know me?

Sabanto: I do. And you, Hisayuki-san. My... Benefactor has shown me much. For example, Okura-san, I know that you are... What the Americans might call a "cowboy cop". You have a reputation for playing fast and loose with police regulations, and while your track record of catching criminals gives you some job security, your job has been on the chopping block more than once. Even now, there's talk amongst your peers about when they can get rid of you... One small misstep, and they will be on you like vultures. Terrifying, isn't it?

Something about Sabanto's tone and cadence had caused both detectives to listen to him intently, but now Okura had broken from the trance. He shook his head, chuckling defiantly.

Okura: All of that is public knowledge. You could've learned everything you just said by watching the news. Your tricks won't work on me, "Sabanto".

Sabanto: The news never mentioned Haru, did it?

Okura's blood ran cold; Haru was his son's name. Okura immediately stood from his chair and grabbed Sabanto by the collar.

Hisayuki: Okura-san, wait--!

Okura: How dare you mention my child to me!

Sabanto: The question you need to ask, Okura-san, is not why... But where? Specifically... Where is your son?

Enraged, Okura strikes Sabanto across the face. The handcuffed murderer falls to the ground, with Hiyasaki immediately going to check on him. Okura pulls out his smartphone and immdiately calls his home number. The line rings for several seconds before a loud, squealing feedback noise erupts over the line, causing Okura to drop the phone. He turns to Sabanto, who is smiling at the detective through bloody teeth.

Sabanto: Uncuff me, and I will take you to him. Alone, just the three of us... Decide quickly, Detective. My benefactor will not keep your son alive for long...

CHAPTER FIVE

The outskirts of Yammamoto, hours after sunset, were unnaturally quiet as the three men approached what appeared to be a dilapidated warehouse. Against his wishes, the mysterious Sabanto was still handcuffed... And being lead forward at gunpoint by Detective Okura. In Okura's free hand, he held his phone to his ear as he tried his home number again; still no response.

Sabanto: They will not answer, Detective.

Okura: Shut your damn mouth.

The three men approach the warehouse, and Okura motions for Hiyasuki to check the door. He does so, hesitantly, pushing open the rusted door and poking his head inside.

Hisayuki: Okura-san, I can smell more blood. And... something burning?

Before Okura can respond, hooded men emerge- as if from nowhere- and pull black bags over the eyes of the detectives! They struggle, but both blinded and overwhelmed, they are disarmed and restrained. Okura shouts obscenities at Sabanto as the men are dragged into the warehouse, the smell of blood and incense burning their nostrils even through the thick bags over their heads. The detectives are set down roughly on their knees; the keys to Sabanto's handcuffs are swiped from Okura's belt in the confusion, and after a moment of silence, the handcuffs clatter to the ground.

Sabanto: Much better... Remove the bags, please.

Simultaneously, the bags are torn from the heads of the detectives and the grisly scene before them is revealed; some sort of alter is set up before them, with blood-red candles flickering in the darkness, the only source of light in the whole warehouse. The candles lead up to a large stone pool, filled to the brim with a bubbling, viscous black liquid. Above the pool is a bronze statue of an oni, with four arms and two faces, sneering down at the detective with gnarled, pointed teeth.

Okura: What... What is this?

Sabanto: The culmination of my life's work.

Sabanto walks in front of the kneeling detectives, a smug smile on his face.

Sabanto: Your wife and son are quite safe, Detective... We have no need for children or women. Only men- strong, young, healthy men- are needed for this ritual. The issues with your phone were engineered by us... We knew you would take the bait, and now, Detectives... You will be the final sacrifices.

From behind his back, Sabanto produces a long, decorative knife. Okura sneers at him.

Okura: Bastard... Even if you kill us, we have all the evidence we need to take you down. The rest of us will find you!

Sabanto: You mean the rest of your police friends? I'm afraid not, Detective... You see, you've been our pawn for a long time. Years, in fact.

Okura: What do you mean 'our'? Who are...

Okura's blood runs cold as the hooded men remove their hoods, revealing that they are... His fellow police officers! Every single one of them, an officer at his precinct. Okura looks to his right and sees, to his horror, that Hisayuki has risen to his feet. One of the robed, traitorous officers cuts the bonds from his hands, and Hisayuki looks down at Okura, looking apologetic.

Okura: Tatsuda... Even you?

Hisayuki: Forgive me, Okura-san. It was an honor to work with you, but this... This is my true calling.

Together with another cultist, Hisayuki takes Okura under the arm and they drag him over to the pool of blackness. Okura, stunned and defeated, does not struggle. Sabanto hands one of the cultists the ritual knife, and as he approaches Okura, the detective simply closes his eyes and, as the knife cuts into his neck and the life drains from his body, Okura's last thoughts are of his family...

Hisayuki watches, unflinching, as the blood pours from Okura's neck. The detective's life force drips into the black goop, disappearing into the darkness as though it were never there. They wait patiently for the detective's blood to drain, until finally it runs dry. Two more cultists approach and drag away the body, leaving Hisayuki alone with Sabanto.

Hisayuki: His family will be cared for?

Sabanto: You have my word.

Hisayuki: Your word means very little, Sabanto.

Sabanto: Have I deceived you once, Detective, in the entire time you've known me?

Hisayuki does not respond; he stands over the pool of evil, which with the addition of Okura's blood, has begun to bubble more voraciously than before. Steam rises from the pool, and both men resist the urge to wince as the heat from the pool begins to burn their skin.

Sabanto: It is ready... Are you?

Again, Hisayuki says nothing. He simply turns his back to the pool, raises his arms to his sides, and closes his eyes... A moment later, the detective falls backward, splashing into the pool and disappearing from sight! Sabanto, mad with glee, cannot contain his massive smile as the pool begins to splash and gurgle, with the cultists gathering around and beginning ot chant.

A... KU... NIN...
A... KU... NIN...
A... KU... NIN...

Sabanto raises his arms.

Sabanto: Rise, my creation... Rise, born in blood, to take this world... Rise, my demon, my oni... Rise... AKUNIN!

Something rises from the pool; a man, no, a monster in the shape of a man. The beast's body is massive, approaching seven feet tall, with legs like tree trunks and arms rippling with powerful muscles. A cultist hands Sabanto a black mask, painted to resemble a furious red Oni, and Sabanto approaches the monster. The monster raises its head and bows slightly so that Sabanto can reach, and the smaller man places the mask upon the creatures face. The monster opens its eyes- burning, unblinking yellow eyes- and takes in the face of its master, Sabanto. Sabanto smiles, and kneels before the creature.

Sabanto: Welcome, AKUNIN... It is time to bring this world to its knees.

悪人 - Full Story RISE_AKUNIN
Jason Spade
Jason Spade
Rising Star
Rising Star

Humor : Offensive

Back to top Go down